Monday 14 April 2014

Chapter Five: Unproved.







‘You’re married?’ Nila asks, taken aback.

I nod solemnly and grab the corner of the bed sheet, the smell of lavender soap wafts towards me as I shake it brusquely, drawing out the creases. ‘For eight years.’ I say quietly as I tuck the sheet   under the mattress and move down the length of the bed, to repeat the process.  

‘Fucking hell, you must’a been young, too young to make a commitment like that’ She exclaims, copying my actions at her side of the bed.

‘I was fourteen.’ I say dryly.

‘I’d two years of whoring under me belt by then.’ She smiles as if proud of the fact. ‘So where is he now? The ‘usband?’

‘He’s not around.’ I snap, as I finish the unexciting task of bed making.

‘Alright, keep ya fucking panties on.’ She rolls her grey eyes at me and gathers up the dirty sheets that we’d discarded on the floor. ‘Speaking of panties... did they get all wet for your first punter?’ She sniggers sarcastically.

I stare at her completely straight-faced. ‘What the fuck do you think?’

She throws her head back and laughs in the brash way that she does. ‘Come on, he want that bad, I mean once ya looked passed the warts, he was kinda...’ She grimaces and shakes her head ‘No... I got nothing.’

‘Let’s speak no more of this!’ My body involuntarily shudders as I recall last night. His hefty frame writhing on top of me, the smell of horse manure and sweat seeping through his pours. I had drunk a lot of rum before hand, which isn’t usually encouraged but Del was very understanding. What with it being my first time and the man being borderline repulsive, in-fact he insisted I drink. Fortunately it was all over in five thrusts; he clearly had a passion for immobile, dead eyed women.

‘You’re no fun!’ She cries, making her way to the door.

 ‘Because I do not find it amusing! Oh Nila, it was so horrendous, I just wept and wept’ I follow her out of the door and onto the open landing. Fingers of sunlight are reaching through the filth stained windows, highlighting the flaking paintwork and the multitude of cobwebs that possess every nook and cranny.  Even though the lodgings are somewhat shabby they still have a certain charm.              

‘What did you expect? Men that av to pay for it ain’t gonna be fucking deities!’ She throws the dirty sheets on top of the growing mound of linen.    

‘I am not completely delusional. It was just a shock, I thought I would be better equipped to cope with it, but I was a mess!’ I bend down to collect the clean bedding that I’d laid out on the landing.

Nila raps on the door to the final room and we wait for a response; none transpire so we head into the empty chamber to strip the bed. ‘Don’t worry, you’ll get there. I find if I close my eyes and make a shit load of noise, I can trick my body into believing its ‘aving a good time. Plus, you started off with a horror, I mean in all fairness he was fucking repulsive. The only way to go is up, right?’ She smiles unconvincingly.

‘I suppose.’

It took my injuries over two weeks to heal to a satisfactory stage, with the aid of creams and curative potions.  Del made many thorough inspections of my arse in that time, but to my shock and slight frustration, he never once initiated sex. He was always his overly charming self, full of compliments and little quips, yet his hands never strayed beyond my wounds  and his eyes never wandered. This confused and saddened me in equal measures.

I remember longing for the day I could start work properly and begin saving some bullion, in hopes of fulfilling my promise to Kalcha. I believed I would be eased in slowly, but Mr Warty- I don’t know his name - as I mentioned early I was exceedingly drunk by this point- wanted more than just a hand job. I recall dry heaving into the privy for the remainder of the evening, Del was very compassionate and gave me the rest of the night off; he even rubbed my back as I wretched.    

We finish up the last room and collect the dirty washing, sharing the burden equally. ‘I reckon Del will let you ‘ave tonight off you know, he felt well bad, should have given that bloke to one of the seasoned girls.’

I look at her in astonishment. ‘Why is he so kind? I would never deem a whore master to be thus.’

She screws her face up. ‘Fucking talk normal would ya?’

‘Sorry: why’s the fucker so nice?’ I try to mimic her common tone but fail, cringing at my own intonation.

‘Don’t do that again.’ She scowls at me then says. ‘I think his mother was a whore or summat.’

‘I severely doubt that, he’s far too eloquent.’ I pucker my brow at the absurdity of a man so gracious coming from the loins of a whore.

‘You forget ya’self, and have insulted both of us in the process. Besides he was brought up by his father, some seafaring noble I think, I dunno, Mara is the best person to ask about these things, I’ve not been ‘ere a year.’

We make our way downstairs with the soiled linen. It’s mid morning so the The Axe is deserted of cliental. Mara is behind the bar, rubbing frantically at the cups with a rag, she’s wearing a blouse unbuttoned quite low, revealing her full breasts that trembling with the effort, I find myself entranced by their delightful movement. Our presence draws her from the all encompassing task, she looks up from the cup, smiles and winks at me, my knees nearly give way. ‘Dump it by the back door my little loves. Lilian can take it out back and scrub it, since she does sod all else. She can’t even wash these darn cups properly’ She smiles her beautiful smile, a flash of white teeth and red lips.

‘I’ll do it. I don’t mind.’ I say, which is a lie, but I feel the need to endeavour to a degree, since I have been living free for the past several weeks.

‘Well ain’t you a little grafter? Unlike others I could mention. Put it by the backdoor and come sit down, I want you both to try something.’ She says with such zeal making it impossible to dispute.  

We trudge through the bar and into the stuffy kitchen, where Lilian is sat crossed legged on the counter, staring vacantly at her nails. Her hair flowing freely across her shoulders covering up her knife ears. But her features are so razor-sharp you needn’t see the ears to know of her Elven roots. She glances up as we lumber through, her purple eyes flicking between us.  

‘Mara says you gotta wash these.’ Nila snaps.

‘Tell her she can do it herself.’ Chirps the Elf, her attention back on her nails.

‘I don’t fucking think so, get off your fat arse and do something!’ It doesn’t take much for Nila to release her wrath.

Lilian is staring daggers at the small blonde. ‘I’m busy.’ She says firmly and slowly.

‘You’re a fucking waste of space!’ She screams as she marches straight to the backdoor, tugs it open and throws the linen out into the muck covered yard.

‘For the love of the gods.’ I mutter under my breath, as the angry little thing stomps over to me, pulls the washing from my grip and hurls them out as well, then she proceeds to jump up and down on them in her bare feet, swathing the sheets in filth. Lilian and I stare on, both unmoved by this typical eruption.

She ceases the demented feat and looks over to Lilian, gasping for air, then calmly says  ‘I suggest you sort this before Mara notices, and I suggest you do it now.’

Lilian looks away shaking her head, her full attention back on her nails. ‘Whatever... Crazy bitch.’

Nila’s eyes spark with rage, she jerks towards the elf as if to clobber her, but I swiftly intervene. Jumping between them both. ‘Don’t be bloody stupid.’ I say, as I grab her slim arms and slowly manoeuvre her back out into the bar, her eyes are glued to mine; I can’t help but chuckle at her as she struggles free from my clutch, so much rage in such a little parcel.

A scowl followed by a  laugh, then she dryly says. ‘Handled that well.’

I snort and slap her arm as we amble over to the bar. I pull out one of the discoloured stools, scraping it back over the wooden floor, its cushion an unsightly mixture of brown and grey stains. I flop down onto it wearily. Nila does the same and glances at me in expectation, curious about what is to follow.  

‘You girls ok?’ Mara asks, not looking up from the taxing operation of cup cleaning, her face twisted with focus and ire. How is it that she still remains flawless even when her features are awry? ‘Heard you had a rough night Ros? It gets easier, I promise.’ She looks at me with her big black eyes, her sympathy radiating through her gaze.  

‘I need to man up’ I mumble under my breath, I feel as though I’ve let myself and everyone else down, their patience and understanding only adding to my downer. 

She burst into a fit of delightful laughter. ‘You should do the exact opposite of that. A man is rendered defenceless when confronted with a beautiful, naked woman. We have them when they are at their most vulnerable. Always remember, you are in control.’ Her expression changes to a stern glance.

I nod, and stare at my hands, her attention causing my cheeks to burn.

She laughs again, breaking the tension ‘And here endeth the lesson. Now.. I’ve been experimenting with some herbs, incorporating their properties into the booze. Making them taste sweeter and possibly giving you more of a buzz, you girls fancy trying a few?’

I open my mouth to consent immediately but Nila gets there first. ‘You want us to be your fucking guinea pigs?’ She barks.

 ‘A simple no would have sufficed.’ Mara utters despairingly.  

‘I can’t very well say no to you can I? Del will be on me case for weeks.’

The dark skinned beauty closes her eyes and sighs impatiently. ‘They are not going to harm you, if anything they may have some health benefits.’

‘May have some health benefits? You don’t have a fucking clue about alchemy, I may sprout another head!’

‘Well then you’d be an innovation. Imagine the extra cliental you’d entice as a two headed whore, you’d truly prosper. Us on the other hand would suffer terribly, could you imagine her with two gobs? Bloody hell...she’d be even more insufferable.’ Her eyes glint at me. ‘Don’t look at me like that Nila, I’m only playing. I’m not going to force you to do something you don’t want to do. Besides I was going to have a drink with you.’

This seems to cool her somewhat. ‘Oh, well. As long as it ain’t nothing too strong, I ‘ave to work tonight.’

Mara nods her understanding and reaches under the bar, bringing up two  little wooden casks. She points to the left one ‘This is rum infused with Lovers Bush.’ And then to the right. ‘This is brandy instilled with Speckled Silverleaf.’ She smiles contentedly at us.

‘That means fuck all to me... I’ll have the brandy.’ Nila, puts her elbows on the bar and rests her head in her hands. 

Mara deftly pours a small amount of the brandy into a cup, and hands it to the blonde. ‘Now go steady you hear? Silverleaf is a slight stimulate, and your mouth doesn’t need any more of that.’ She turns her attention to me. ‘Rum?’ She quickly dispenses the brown liquid and slides the cup towards me.

‘Why not?’I say with a shrug of my shoulders. ‘What’s Lovers Bush do?’

‘Well.....’

The double doors to The Axe bursts open, flooding the large room with a pool of bright light and sending a tornado of dust across its path. A fraught looking Del swaggers into the room, his gaping shirt falling off one shoulder. ‘Oh fucking bollocks.’ He bellows. ‘Mara, my wonderful lady, pour me a drink, a strong one, without delay!’ His affluent voice fills the room. All three of us stare at him in astonishment.

‘But Del, my love, you cannot hold your drink.’ The stunning woman croons.

He struts over to the bar and plonks himself down on a wobbly stool, steadying himself by seizing onto the bar. He looks Mara meaningfully in the eyes and says ‘Bastue’s Bitch has docked.’ His wide eyes do not leave the woman’s face, after a moment he takes hold of her hands and presses them to his forehead. ‘Do you know what this means?’ He wails.

Nila and I both look at each other in confusion, I knock back a mouthful of the modified rum; the taste is unaffected.  

‘Do you think Reve’s will summon you?’ Mara asks calmly.

‘Perhaps.. Possibly.. Most certainly!’ He raises his head and gazes at her, still clutching her hands. ‘I suppose it all depends on how much he’s aggravated the crew.’  

‘But, this is what you’ve been waiting for.’ She shakes her head in confusion.

‘Oh Mara, my lovely sweet Mara. How I longed for the open sea, the smell of salt in the air and the feel of a swaying deck beneath my feet. But that was before, before...’ He pauses and stares so intently at her I feel he might cry,  swallowing a lump he says. ‘I am torn.’

I knock back some more rum, and spy Nila out of the corner of my eye helping herself to another cup, I turn and smirk, shaking my finger in mock reproach.

‘Do you still want that drink my love?’ Mara asks, stroking his hair.

‘No, you are right, of course, I cannot manage my consumption. It would be a calamity!’ He turns his head and notices Nila and I for the first time, up until this moment we had not existed, only Mara. I am not going to lie, it stings like Scarlet Nettles. ‘Do you know what would cheer me up?...’ He asks looking at all three of us in turn. ‘ ...A foursome.’ His wicked grin is back with a vengeance, along with a rapid brow raise.

Mara quickly pulls away from his clutches, rolling her eyes. ‘You’re a fiend! She cries.

I’m  giggling like a child and I hear Nila snort loudly. ‘That would be a damn cluster fuck Del and you know it!’ She exclaims.

‘A cluster fuck of sheer pleasure. A pleasure I may not experience again for some time. Come now, let us all retire to the boudoir and embark on a beautiful, naked, journey together!’

I knock back the final mouthful of liquor, I’m feeling somewhat inclined to agree, for some reason it is sounding like a jolly good idea, I giggle again.

Del grins at me, his smouldering smile that entices the coldest of hearts. ‘Ros, I knew you wouldn’t let me down!’

‘Unless ya paying I’m out.’ Nila snaps.

‘Pay? Pay? Girl I fucking own you.’ He says this with a smile still plastered across his face. I pray that Nila doesn’t bite.

Luckily Mara steps in before it escalates further. She takes his head in her hands and runs a long slender finger down the length of his cheeks. ‘Am I not enough for you?’ She coos. Her voice and demeanour set to full seduction.

He appears to melt beneath her touch. ‘My lady, you are simply more than I deserve.’ His voice is soft and coated in lust. He leans in and presses his mouth to hers and she grasps a handful of his hair, moaning against his lips.

I force myself to look away, swallowing hard; my jealousy an utter confusion. I instinctively reach for the casket and decant more alcohol into my cup, gulping it back quickly. I seem to be squirming on my  stool, the flattened cushion beneath me is feeling quite agreeable. I look over to Nila, she is watching the couple intently, her pale eyes glazed over with yearning. ‘I don’t think I can watch this.’ I whisper to her.’

Nila swiftly grabs one of the casks from the bar and tries to conceal it in the bust of her dress, but fails miserably, the cask distorting her bosom to a rather freakish level. ‘Let’s go get piss drunk.’ She whispers, grinning roguishly. I find my gaze lingering on the gaping seam of her gown, her tits almost visible, I shunt forward in my seat encouraging the tingling between my thighs.

Glancing over at the embracing couple, I notice that Mara has been dragged over the bar, her back pressed against it, she’s untying the lace of his britches and he has his hand up her blouse. ‘Are they just going to fuck, right here?’ I ask stunned.

‘Yep, come on.’ She’s tugging on my arm and has me out of my seat, we’re scurrying across the bar and towards the stairs.

‘You’re working tonight!’ Del bellow towards us, his face pulled away from Mara as she smothers his neck and chest with kisses, nimbly working his stiffening cock. ‘Do you think I can’t see the cask up your dress girl?’ He says breathlessly, his arousal interrupting his regulation. ‘Oh.. Fuck it.. Be gone, the pair of you!’ He cries out, and clings onto the bar for dear life. ‘But be back down at dusk...both...of...you.’ He winks at me, and I giggle my response. Then he grabs Mara’s face in his hands, kissing her passionately and grinds his body against her.

 I stand gawping at the delicious sight, their two striking forms twisted together. Above all my better judgement I long to go over and join in with the indulgence. I part my lips and find myself moaning along with Del. If it wasn’t for Nila pulling on my hand I believe it would  be up my skirt.

‘Come on!’ She cries impatiently.

We rush up stairs and into my quarters, I slam the door and lean against it, practically panting. ‘Shit, I’m working tonight.’ But for some reason the idea doesn’t fill me with dread, for some reason I think I could handle Mr Warty right now. I start laughing like a lunatic.

‘What the fuck is wrong with you?’  Nila barks, she’s laid on my bed, her arms behind her head, her legs drawn up and her knees parted, her gauzy dress gathered around the top of her legs.   

‘I haven’t a clue.’ I watch her bring her knees together then part them again, a completely innocent act but it feels like a seduction. ‘Do you feel funny?’ I ask.

‘I feel like I should be cleaning, or running, or cleaning and running. Or fucking, I should be fucking...and cleaning.’ She bolts upright on the bed. ‘Do ya think Del is leaving?’

‘I don’t know.’ My head is warm and fuzzy, and for some reason it feels so good to clench my jaw. I’m finding the sound of my own breathing arousing. ‘We should have another drink.’ I look at her and grin.

‘We should, that is a fucking great idea; you’re amazing.’ She snatches the cask from the nightstand, lifts it over her head and releases the valve, letting the liquid dribble into her mouth.

I drift over across room and plonk down next to her, she positions the cask over my head and dispenses the booze into my open mouth, starring deeply into my eyes. ‘You brought the rum, well done.’ I say wiping at my lips with the back of my hand. I close my eyes and listen to the sound of my  breathing, then flop backwards onto my bed, arch my back and roll my head from side to side.

Nila drops down next to me giggling, a gorgeous sound that I feel compelled to emulate. I turn my face towards her, running my finger from the top of her forehead and along her button nose, her eyes are closed and a satisfied smile spreads across her face. She’s moaning as I trace the outline of her lips.

Giggling again she stares at me fervidly, the next thing I know her lips are pressed against mine and her soft tongue is exploring my wilful mouth. I grab her waist and pull her on top of me, her slight weight making her easy to manoeuvre. She pulls away from my kiss and straddles my waist, hitching up my skirt in the process, the feel of her supple hands brushing against my flesh sends a shudder through my entire body. I prop myself up on my elbows and watch her fixedly as she grasps the hem of her dress and winches it up and over her head. She’s naked beside a flimsy pair of white panties, I take a moment to bask in the beauty of her pert breasts and firm stomach. Impulsively I reach out with the tips of my fingers and gently caress her sex through the thin material, she smiles and her eyes glint with hunger. I bolt up upright, kissing her lovely lips in a fever and slipping my fingers inside her undergarments, she begins grinding against my digits. Her moaning distorted from the potency of our clinch. I can feel myself grow moist from her silky tongue in my mouth and the feel of her dampening cunt on my finger tips, she’s making the most delightful sounds that send my head whirling. I easily slip two fingers inside her, bearing upwards in fast succession, she meets me with her own eager drive.

She pulls away from my face and cries out in bliss, then presses her lips to my ear and whispers. ‘I’m so wet, you’re making me so fucking wet.’

She starts tearing at the bust of my dress, pulling it down over my shoulders and ripping it apart, exposing my tits. She smiles agreeably at the sight and takes my left breast in her mouth, sucking and flicking her tongue over my rigid nipple. I watch her with fascination, my mouth hanging open at the delectable display. I start to wiggle my fingers inside her, front to back faster and harder, her pussy growing wetter by the second. She jerks away from my breast and screams at the top of her lungs ‘For the love of Freisa don’t stop!’

I stare in wide eyed wonder as she squirms around on my lap, leaning back so I can fully absorb the luscious view. ‘Do you like that?’ I ask as I speed up the motion, slipping another finger inside and pushing harder against her now dipping wet hole, her cunt so warm and so tight around my extremities.   

‘Yes, Yes! Oh fucking yes!’ She’s  practically screaming the building down.

I laugh loudly, pushing my fingers so hard and so rapidly into her, that the frenzied motion seems removed from me. I begin to slow down as her breathing becomes erratic. ‘You’re fucking exquisite.’ I moan.

In this moment she is the most beautiful creature I have ever laid eyes on, her pleasure is my pleasure, every time she moans my entire being throbs with ecstasy. I long to press my bare flesh against hers, placing my hands on her narrow waist I flip her onto her back. Standing up I shake myself free from my gown, while Nila shuffles back and rests her head on the pillow. She’s looking at me enticingly and fondling herself, pushing her hips upwards to greet her fingers. I bite my lip as my eyes glaze over.

‘I want you Ros’ She pants.

I crawl onto the bed and position myself between her open legs, I lean down and Kiss her gorgeous mouth, letting my tongue explore every inch. I grab her slender wrists and pin her arms above her head, she’s laughing and thrusting herself towards me, teasing me. I straddle her thigh, and inch my pussy towards hers, she’s spreading her legs further apart and angling herself so that we collide. I let go of her wrists and clutch her waist as I grind against her cunt, gently at first, savouring the feel of her warm wet slit against mine. I watch as her face breaks out into a heavenly smile, we cannot tear our eyes away from each other. I begin to hump faster, the heat of the friction building to a searing height. Backwards and forward, backwards and forwards I coerce my body at such a speed, humping and grinding, both of us crying out with pleasure.

She’s pushed herself forward and lifted her arse off the bed, rubbing against me with an animalistic urge,  pushing me onto my back, her face pressed against mine. I can feel her hot breath on my mouth. I kiss her nose playfully, then lick at her lips. I’m flat on my back and she’s kissing my neck, moving onto my breasts and swirling her tongue around my nipple. ‘I’m going to make you come so hard.’ She groans, her kisses travel down my stomach and pause just above my aching sex, I whimper with frustration, my pussy so hot it feels ablaze. She teases me further with little kisses on the inside of my thighs, looking me in the eye as she carries out the tantalizing act. I start to push myself towards her, I yearn so much, that if she does not perform at once I fear I may explode.

‘You’re mean to me. Stop teasing.’ I whimper.

She  smiles deviously as she positions her face before my waiting sex, she’s so close I can feel her warm breath against my clit, the gentle caress sending my mind whirling. She flicks out with her tongue, and I jerk backwards from the sudden contact, the pressure to much for me to bear. She laughs wickedly then buries her face between my legs, her tongue lashing at me in a frenzy, I’m screaming and writhing, grasping at the sheets beneath me. She’s slowing right down, circling my clit with her gentle strokes, my body relaxes and my breathing slows, I start to push my hips towards her face and she immediately speeds up again in response, I put my fingers in my mouth, wetting them and start circling my nipple recklessly. Nila is devouring me, pushing her fingers inside my dripping hole and lapping at my clit, I can’t take it anymore, the combination of inflated sensations and the sultry vision of her between my legs is like an upsurge of bliss that pounds against me. If the Gods truly exist then this must be their realm. I scream at the top of my lungs. ‘Yes, yes, yes!’ My back arches and I push my pussy hard against her face as I come, she grabs my buttocks as I lift them from the bed and pulls me further towards her, her face submerged in me. Wave upon wave of pure unadulterated pleasure crashes against me, the force of  it nearly renders me unconscious. I involuntarily clamp my legs around her head, and squeeze my nipple harder, clutching at the last few moments of paradise. My body collapses on the bed, I’m desperately gasping for air, my eyes shut tight as the room appears to be spinning.

Nila is chuckling to herself, as she rises up from between my thighs, her face smeared in my juices. I laugh with her, then let out a long satisfied sigh.

‘My turn!’ She blurts, grabbing my arms and pulling me on top of her, we’re kissing again, softly and quickly, I can taste myself on her lips. I run my hand down her taut little body, taking one of her hard nipples in my mouth and flicking the other with my finger, she giggles her approval. I bury my hand between her hot thighs, and she spreads her legs as far as she can, while I continue sucking on her tit. She’s so wet, making it easy to massage her sex in large circles, encompassing all of it. I pull away from her breast and push myself up on my knees, so I have the  perfect view for when I make her come. I very slowly and very gently circle her pleasure spot with two fingers, and with my other hand push two inside her, slowly fucking her with them. She’s gazing at me, and groaning, her breathing becoming faster and heavier. I keep the pressure on her clit very light, and move my fingers inside her in a circular motion, it doesn’t take long before she’s screaming her delight. Her whole body quivering, her eyes shut tight, she turns her face and buries it in the pillow, stifling her cries. I can feel her pussy contracting around my fingers, and her clit throbbing, her whole body writhing underneath my touch, I smile widely at my accomplishment. ‘That feels so fucking good, don’t stop!’ she bellows into the pillow. I speed up the movement inside her, and start to really fuck her hard, thrusting my fingers in and out while she’s shrieking and squirming on the bed. Suddenly her legs slam shut around my hand, and her body falls motionless. 

I slowly remove my fingers from inside her and yank my hand free from her locked legs. I start laughing again, my whole body shaking with force. ‘Well, that was fun.’ I say collapsing beside her, my rowdy laugher dwindling to a titter.

‘Ummm…if only it was always like that.’ She says dreamily. I’ve never seen Nila look so still, so satisfied. Her eyes flutter open and she turns her head towards me. ‘Think of all the pleasure we could ‘ave ‘ad beforehand, if you hadn’t been so fucking hesitant.’ Her tranquil demeanour fades away and Nila is back.

‘I’m terribly sorry that it took me so long to acclimatize. You must understand how foreign your world is to me? And besides, I didn’t know that friends covet one another like this, the lines are somewhat blurred.’ The pleasant whirling in my head is dwindling, and I long for a drink.  

‘This is your world now, a whore’s world. This is what we do, we fuck, be it for money or pleasure and what’s more...you ain’t my friend.’ She screws her face up as if repulsed by the word. ‘You’re my competition.’

I’ve never had many friends in my life, not since childhood, and I was torn away from that ahead of time. Kalcha was my whole life, but since my marriage had grown stale my work replaced him. I threw myself into the learnings of other species, and the art of selling. The fact I surpassed most my contemporaries did not win me any friends. It doesn’t look as though much will change in that respect. I sigh deeply and look away from her. ‘So you fuck the competition?’ I say dryly, wounded by her words.  

‘Look, let’s not make this weird. I wanted it, you wanted it, so we did it. End of.’ She sits up and flings her legs over the side of the bed, standing.

‘Fine.’ I say, reaching for the crumpled bed sheet and covering myself with it.

She’s tugging her dress over her head, smoothing out the creases. ‘You’re sulking now ain’t ya?’

I turn my back on her and draw my knees up to my chest. ‘No.’

She snorts. ‘Yeah you are. What is it you want? We work together that’s it, and considering the nature of our trade I’m struggling to understand why you’re upset.’

‘What does it matter to you anyway.’ I spit. Since we’re not friends I do not need to explain myself to her, not that I would know where to begin as I do not understand it myself.

‘It fucking doesn’t.’ She bites. I hear her stomping across the room and the latch on the door lifting, then the room filling with a loud crash as she slams the door, the sound vibrating in my ears long after her departure.

I feel like I’m plummeting down from the heights of elation. Cold fingers are wrapping around my spine and angst has replaced the warmness in my mind. I feel fucking horrible. I toss and turn under the thin sheet, spying the cask of doped rum I scowl at it, concluding on the fact that Lover’s Bush is utterly toxic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment