Monday 21 April 2014

Chapter Six: Captain.








I must have slept for most of the day, because as I awake I realise the morning sun that gleamed through my open shutters previously has been replaced with a grey light, giving my bedroom a washout effect. A warm breeze wafting through the window causing the shutters to rap gently against the wall, and a low buzz from the outside world are all that penetrates my cocoon. I stretch and yawn loudly, swinging my legs over the side of the bed, pausing for a moment to look at my ruined dress on the floor. I didn’t bring much clothing with me from my old home, so that dress was crucial. I groan as I recall my earlier carnal exploits, was it worth the ruin of a perfectly good dress? Probably. But regardless of how satisfying the act was, it does not ease the dread of seeing her again.

I plod to the bathroom, my heavy steps thudding against the bare floor. I should wash before I dress; I feel as though I’m exuding the smell of lewdness. There is a small amount of water left in the basin from the previous night, so cupping my hands I gather some up and splash it against my face, the water is tepid, which is a shame as I wanted to feel an icy spray, in hopes of clearing my head. I lather my armpits and then my genitals with a bar of lavender soap. Then rinse away the suds and resolve to clothe.    

Wrenching open the wardrobe I stand gazing at the two simple gowns that hang there, as well as my britches and travelling shirt. These are all my worldly possessions, and they are a pitiable array. I screw my face up in distress, wondering why I didn’t bring something more ornate, or even some damn undergarments. How am I supposed to sell myself dressed in drabness? I decide my scarlet cotton dress is the best of the two, plus it has a cord fastening across the bust meaning I can wear it lose, flaunting my assets. I tug it on over my head, run my fingers through my hair and decide that this will suffice. I leave my quarters, bare footed and head out onto the well lit landing.

I’m met with the sound of rowdy mirth, men are laughing and shouting, and women are giggling and cooing; typical sounds of a lively whore house. Leaning over the balcony I survey the inn, there are around fifteen or so men, some sat in small groups around tables drinking and cursing. And others sprawled out on daybeds, while the scantily clad girls incite their urges; Nila is one of those girls, and I quiver at the sight of her stroking the face of some swarthy commoner.  I look down at my dress and yank at the bust line, tearing it slightly, so as to expose more flesh. Vigorously I shake my head, trying to reset my disposition, and then glide down the stairs and into the boisterous tavern.

Mara is behind the bar as usual, leaning over it and seductively talking with Otho, the Blacksmith’s effeminate son -I don’t think I’ve ever seen her working the floor or retiring to her chamber with a customer. Del is at the far corner of the bar conversing with a foreboding looking fellow, even though his height is middling his scarred face and sun beaten skin constitute a hardy image. Their discussion seems to be one that carries an intense weight. Directly behind the menacing figure is another of equal severity, a young man as broad as he is tall, and armed to the teeth, is glowering at Del. His sleeveless shirt boasting impressive biceps, and bare skin obscured by countless tattoos. Neither Mara nor Del notices my arrival, which is fine, as I’m late.

I saunter over to far side of the room, to a table where a lone figure is sat, his face hidden under an oversized hat. There are a two empty cups in front of him so I make for them. I catch Nila’s eye as I do so, her fake smile suddenly turning sour, I scowl at her in return as she straddles the lap of the rough chap she’s enticing. I roll my eyes and reach for the dregs in front of the mysterious patron, lifting up the brim of his hat in the process. ‘What have we under here then?’ I say coaxingly. He almost falls from his chair as he jerks up right; I think I’ve startled him from slumber. His dazzling blue eyes dart around the room in confusion, before settling on me. He’s not a hideous man, but then I would not deem him attractive, when he smiles I notice he has lost several teeth to scurvy. I suppress a grimace. ‘I’m sorry, did I startle you?’

‘Aye lass that ya did, but not to worry.’ He reaches around my waist and drags me onto his lap. The bottom of my spine pressing against the hilt of his sword. ‘Ya can startle me anytime ya like.’ He winks and I chuckle at his brazenness.

‘It looks like you’re all out of liquor.’ I nod to the empty cups that I hold in my hands. ‘Would you like me to fill them up?’

He throws his head back and howls. ‘I’d like to fill you up!’  

This is my second evening of work, and already I’ve reached my limit of appalling innuendos. But of course, I need to be accommodating if I mean to earn. So instead of punching him in his face, I laugh to a magnified level; he does not seem to grasp my mockery. ‘And I cannot wait to overflow!’ I cringe at my own remark; he doesn’t seem to notice, he’s howling again. ‘But first, a drink!’ I smile broadly and squirm free of his embrace. His breath smelt heavily of sour wine, so I need not query his preference. ‘I shall be right back, don’t you dare move!’ I narrow my eyes playfully.

‘Wouldn’t dream of it.’ He smiles, his eyes defiling my body through my gown.

I stroll over to the bar, heading in the direction of Del and his intriguing companions, they are still engrossed in discussion, and Del is shaking his head in disbelief. ‘Utter recklessness, even if by some stroke of luck - bestowed to you by Fortych himself- you manage to find this ship, and this creature actually exists, then what? Hm? One cannot simply take a dragon, you’ll be cinders and ashes my good fellow, cinders and ashes!’ He throws his hands up in defeat.

I slam the cups down on the bar and all three men turn to glower at me. I suddenly regret my action. Del tries to shoo me away, but I stand firm and say. ‘Well actually, that depends on the breed. Not all dragons are fire breathers, for example a Golden Crest is only fatal in close proximity, for its poisonous bite is the killer, but it has no range. Not.. like..say.. Black Death, now they release something far worse than fire, they breathe complete destruction.’ I catch myself suddenly, reining in my enthusiastic sermon. All three men are gawping at me in disbelief.

‘Forgive her Reve, she’s new.’ Del says addressing the scarred man, then turns to me and says. ‘Ros, my dear girl, your tales of the unknown are most compelling. But please, you’re paid to fuck, not to enlighten.’

‘Sorry Del.’ I cast my eyes down and turn to seek service from Mara.

‘Wait.’ A gruff voice sounds, and I am compelled to face it. It’s the scarred man, his face burnt from the sun and prematurely wrinkled; his russet hair is swept back from his forehead and fixed with grease. He scratches at his unruly beard and continues. ‘How many breeds are we talking?’

 
‘Six, although the Red Worm is considered a parable by many, since there has been but one alleged sighting.’ I look away from his hard stare, and down at my feet.

Del chimes in. ‘Have you ever heard of anything so ridiculous? Dragons my arse. No one has seen nor heard anything in close to an age. I trust Reve that the ocean has finally sent you mad. And Ros, please, your encouragement is beginning to try me.’

‘That is not true, there are several recent accounts; one just needs to know where to look. Their numbers have certainly diminished over the years, for they no longer attack the cities. But travellers still report their sightings, especially over The Ahm peaks.’

Reve turns to Del beaming, his smile is dazzling and completely unexpected. He raises his brow and rasps. ‘I like her.’

‘Don’t smile Reve, it’s unnerving. And pray tell, my dear girl, how many dragons have you seen?’

‘Well....none.’ I say disheartened. ‘But that is irrelevant, just because I haven’t personally witnessed something does not make it unfounded.’

Del cocks his head on a side, sucking in air. ‘Well, that is where you and I differ. These are rumours, and I will not risk my life for such frivolity.’

‘What about a share in a hundred thousand bullion, would you risk your life for that?’ Reve grunts.

This appears to perk his interest. His head jerks and he stares hard at the wiry man. ‘This is what you should have opened with, Captain.’ His smile spreads across his captivating face.

‘Again, this depends on the breed. The more formidable, the higher the price. A hundred thousand may only be the beginning.’ I say. Reve is staring at me like I’m made from solid gold.

The burly bastard stood behind the Captain erupts into a fit of thunderous laughter. ‘Well fuck me sideways.’ He hollers.

A hand encircles my waist and wine scented breath hums in my ear. ‘I’m thirsty lass. What’s taking so long?’   

‘I thought I told you not to move.’ I chime my expression blank.

‘That you did lass aye, but I canny wait no longer, I thirst for wine and I thirst for your cunt.’ He reaches down and grabs my crotch.

‘Back off Hyatt.’ The Captain snarls.

‘Fuck you Reve, I saw her first. Besides we’re on land now. You’ve no rule over me.’

Without further warning Reve has his sword out, and the tip of the blade is resting against Hyatt’s throat. The speed at which this man moves is phenomenal. ‘I will always have rule over a wretch, now back off before I slice your neck open.’ He growls through gritted teeth.   

‘Alright, alright, calm down. Think you’ve made ya point.’ Hyatt pushes me towards the frightening Captain and backs away with his hands up. ‘Nicer looking whore’s in ere anyhow.’ And on that insulting note, the hat wearing fellow staggers across the room sloppily seizing his next target, a shocked looking Ariana. She quickly composes her pretty face, and begins to entice. I look away, somewhat resentful of her skill.

Staring hard at Reve; I have a compulsion to curse at him for ruining my opportunity. But my senses get the better of me.

‘Why does a harlot know so much about dragons?’ The big lad behind the captain asks.

‘I read.’ I say dryly, distractively looking around the room for a possible patron. I catch the eye of a plump middle aged man; he rubs at his bald head and smiles, a kind smile that I find reassuring. ‘Now, if you gentlemen will excuse me.’ I nod to Reve, smile at Del and move away.

‘Just a minute girl.’ The Captain grunts. ‘I need you to tell me everything you know.’

‘Ser, I would love to as my interest in these matters does not need much encouragement, but alas I have to work.’ I smile curtly and turn to leave again.

‘I’ll pay you.’ He rumbles.

I glance over at Del in confusion. ‘If the man wants to waste his money on parables of old, so be it.’ He quickly shrugs his shoulders. ‘Darling, I suggest you take his money.’ The he looks to the Captain. ‘Reve, you are crazy fool. One does not pay a whore for counsel.’ Sighing heavily he continues ‘But I see you’ve made up your damn mind. Be sure to take this somewhere private. We don’t want the whole of Vesale knowing our business.’ He scowls at me as he says this, obviously annoyed by my intrusion.

‘Shall we?’ Reve holds his arm out, signalling for me to lead the way.  ‘Don’t get too pissed Bailey, I need you with a clear head.’ He grunts to the big bloke.

Bailey leans his massive bulk against the bar and snorts. ‘Me? Nah, you’re confusing me with someone else Captain.’ His large eyes are fixed on me. I decide that he is exceptionally good-looking, and I have to force myself to look away from his chiselled face.

I make my way up the stairs and back into my quarters with Reve close behind, close the door and gesture for him to sit down on the bed. He sways across the room, unaccustomed to stagnant ground, and drops down onto the hard mattress, repositioning his sword before he collides. His eyes flickering to my exposed cleavage as I stand before him, so I fold my arms across my chest, he is paying for my words not my body. ‘So, what exactly is it you want to know?’

He scratches his oily head and says. ‘Everything. If I’m to take this beast, then I need to be armed with the facts. ’

‘And you’re just going to take my word for it? A whore’s word?’

‘What reason would you have to lie?’ He rasps; his cold eyes boring into me. ‘You’ve already spoken freely, without any incentive.’  

We study each other for a few moments, then I smile and say. ‘Firstly, you must know that this isn’t going to be easy. I worked in The Beast Trade for over three years, and I’ve never known of an actual dragon to come on the market, plenty of draglins but never a dragon. And we had some of the best trappers in Edora working for us. You see, dragons are a great accolade, so their pursuit of one is relentless.... yet they can never deliver. So, I simply must know who has managed to succeed where the best have failed?’

The Captain shifts uncomfortably in his seat, he clearly does not want to divulge unnecessary information. ‘Please, this is the only answer I want, and I shall not question you further.’

‘A rich noble from Pelor.’ He grunts suddenly. ‘All I know is, they’re shipping the creature back there from The Kraz Marsh, in three days time, and I plan to take them in the open water. You know as well as I that Pelor is unstable; imagine if they had a weapon like that in their clutches?’

I laugh brazenly. ‘Oh, I see, you’re doing this for the good of the country, for the wellbeing of all Edorians. My word Captain, you shall be deemed a hero!’

His face darkens, and the room undergoes a drop in temperature. ‘Don’t deride me girl. ..Now shut your mouth and give me what I need, like a good little whore.’ He smirks and his eyes move quickly over my body.

His strange expression causes me to shudder; I swallow hard and look at my feet. ‘Each breed is vastly different from the other, in their temperament, diet, size....I could go on Ser, and you’ll need to know the specifics if you plan on successfully handling this creature. Three days is not nearly enough time to divulge everything, unless of course you know the exact strain.’

‘Shit.’

From his curse, I conclude that he does not. ‘If I were to hazard a guess, I would say White Lythe. They are the smallest, therefore the easiest to contain and sedate. But how they even got close to one is a wonder...’ I shake my head in disbelief. ‘Transferring it from ship to ship without waking it will be crucial, for the call of A White Lythe will break your heart... literally, tear it in two.’

His head is in hands and he’s rubbing his face roughly. ‘What’s the worst case scenario? Which breed is the most deadly?’

‘Well, that would be Black Death. But they are three times the size of a war galleon. So I doubt it’s the one you’ll encounter.’ I smile at him, trying to ease the apprehension in the room. ‘Look, they are all fucking terrible in their own way; hence the gigantic price tag. Maybe you should reconsider your scheme?’

A look of complete exasperation flitters across his face. ‘Maybe you should keep your ill-informed opinions to yourself!’ He bellows. He’s up from the bed and pacing across the floor. ‘There will be a way, there is always a way. I cannot let this opportunity pass.’ He’s mumbling to himself in the way of a mad man. Then he pauses and glares at me. ‘You mentioned trappers? That you know some of the best?’

‘Y..yes...well I did, but as you can see, I no longer work for the company.’ I smile slyly to myself as an idea dawns on me. ‘Although, perhaps there is someone who might help.

‘Yes?’ He snaps.

‘His knowledge on these matters is almost as great as mine; and his trapper skills are second to none....but unfortunately his circumstance has taken a turn for the worst.’ I engage the Captain in an intense stare.     

‘How so?’ He says warily, but I can tell I have peaked his interest.

‘He’s in jail, and has a rather costly bail.’

Reve exhales nosily. ‘How much?’

‘Eighty Bullion.’ I exclaim, trying to remain cool and failing.

He lets out a low whistle, and shakes his head slowly.

‘Surely that is nothing in the grand scheme of things. If this is indeed a White Lythe, you’re looking at hundreds of thousands, if not more! This man is a great trapper and without him I doubt you will get within a hundred feet of the thing.’ I say this in great haste and Reve picks up on my desperation.

His smile is lecherous. ‘Your investment seems somewhat heightened, why so?’ He’s smiling widely, and it shows in his now sparkling eyes that shine in unison with his perfect teeth.

‘No reason, I just assumed you would want the best.’ I cannot hold his stare, for it makes me uncomfortable.

He laughs, a loud cutting sound. ‘I accept nothing but.’ He moves swiftly towards me. He’s standing inches away and lifts up my chin with his index finger, forcing me to look into his eyes. ‘What does this man mean to you?’

‘Nothing!’ I blurt pulling my face away from his touch.

‘Well now you are so obviously lying. Pray tell, how am I supposed to believe anything that falls from your mouth, um?’ He’s torn his eyes away from mine and they linger on my exposed flesh.

‘I’m sorry.’ I whisper, I need to appease him, he may be the only chance I have of freeing Kalcha. ‘He was my husband...is my husband. But that does not diminish what I said, he is a fine trapper. Ask anyone about Kalcha Leron and you will learn the truth of his standing.’ I force myself to look into his cold hard eyes.

He nods his head slowly, rubbing at his beard. ‘I believe you.’ His eyes back on my face. ‘What did the righteous Leron do? How does one as upstanding as he, wind up in custody?’

I look at Reve in confusion. ‘You know him?’

His unnatural smile breaks across his creased face. ‘I’ve heard of him.’ He starts to run his finger up and down the length of my neck. ‘Kalcha married a whore? Oh the irony is palpable.’ He’s still smiling, and it makes me uneasy.     

My heart is racing as I jerk away from his touch. ‘This is a recent turn of events....he is unaware of my fate.’

He laughs. ‘He will be enlightened soon enough.’

A feeling of hopefulness ascends, I smile expectantly. ‘Does this mean, you will fund his bail?’

He nods his head slowly, his powerful stare piercing through me. ‘But if I am to free your husband, I expect a little something in return.’

I groan inwardly, it was obvious from his vulgar leering where he wanted this to go. ‘Ser, I believe my guidance will suffice as payment. You desired only my knowledge, nothing else.’

He snorts. ‘What you’ve told me is not worth five Bullion, let alone eighty.’

‘You will gain a vital crew member. And I too will readily offer you my advice, but my body was never on offer.’ The idea of fucking this man is not entirely vile. For sure, he has a look of a frightening savage, but as far as patrons go he is somewhat striking. But if there is a way to avoid copulation, then I will seek it.

‘I think that you’ve forgotten that you no longer sit behind a fancy desk, negotiating with wealthy lords and ladies. You work in a brothel now girl, so your body is always on offer.’ I spy him swallow and his eyes mist over with salaciousness as he drinks me in.  His calloused finger now running across the top of my breasts.

Breath is caught in my throat and my body involuntarily shudders. Arguing with this unmoving man is futile. So I will do it, to free Kalcha; besides this is my occupation. So I move closer to him, grabbing his shirt collar and roughly pulling his face to mine, he snarls at me like a feral dog. Grabs at the skirt of my dress and hitches it upwards, his hands coarse and firm against the softness of my thighs. Our noses are touching, but we do not kiss, we just stare hard at each other as he tugs my dress up and over my head, tossing it across the room. I am rendered naked, as his hard hands squeeze and pinch my buttocks, he’s sliding a finger down my crevice and probing for my arse hole, I gasp loudly as he forces a finger inside. His mouth is pressed against my ear, his breath hot and quick. I wrap my arms around his neck, squeezing our bodies together as he assaults my tight arse with his finger, the growing bulge in his britches is pressed against my sex. He’s growling in my ear, and the impurity is inciting.

‘Get on the bed.’ He grunts.

I pull away, my eyes locked on him. I back up quickly towards the bed, sit down on the edge and shunt backward till my bare back is pressed against the headboard. I draw my knees up and part them, lick three of my fingers and begin to rub myself gently, all the while holding his ominous stare; my nipples immediately hardening under his scrutiny.

His smile is different now; it oozes a bestial longing that matches the look in his eye.  He raises his baldric over his head, and lets the sword crash onto the floor; the resonating clang does not draw his focus from me. I start rubbing myself faster, making little whimpering noises to entice him further. I watch as he unbuckles his belt, which he has accessorised with several smaller blades, he lets that drop to the floor as well. Swiftly he yanks his cotton shirt over his head, revealing a lean muscular torso and a sprinkling of auburn chest hair. His disrobing has disturbed his slicked back hair, and a thick strand hangs in front of his face, obscuring his view, he flicks his head back quickly removing the obstruction. He’s still grinning at me as he wrenches down his trousers and underwear, he steps out of them and moves towards the bed. His cock is almost fully erect; the sight of its impressive length jutting out causes me to rub faster, I feel myself dampen.

He climbs onto the bed and crawls towards me, his eyes flicking between my stare and my open legs, his lewd smirk still plastered across his face. I start to let out little moans and crumple my face, as if the distance between our two bodies is a torture. He’s kneeling between my legs watching me pleasure myself, his hand is on his cock and he’s rubbing it slowly, up and down the shaft, and squeezing the head, hard. He reaches out with his free hand and fondles my breast kneading it roughly between his fingers. ‘How do you sedate a dragon?’ He asks breathlessly.

‘I’ve told you.’ I gasp, watching as he rolls my sensitive nipple between his solid fingers. ‘It depends....it all depends on the breed.’ I whine as my excitement rises, I insert a finger inside myself, encouraging my cunt to moisten further.

‘Herbs?’ He asks as he speeds up his strokes.

‘Y...yes...mainly...fungus... pounded into a solution.’ We’re watching each other so intently; I’m squirming on the bed, longing for his cock to be inside me. ‘Coat your arrows with it... get it into the blood stream.’ 

‘If you knew the breed, you’d know the formula?’ He grunts raggedly, his hand moving so quickly up and down his shaft that it’s become a blur.

‘Yes.’ I hiss, pushing myself up so my face is an inch away from his, our heavy breathing in unison. ‘Now Captain, are you going to fuck me or what?’

He starts to laugh, softly at first, but growing louder until it fills the small chamber. ‘I want to watch you...watch me.’  He pulls my nipple, stretching and twisting it between cruel fingers. ‘I want you to make yourself come.’ He growls again in my ear.

I push another two fingers inside my wet pussy and begin to quickly fuck myself with them, my mouth open and my breath jagged. The dirty smile on the Captains face sending a tingling sensation over every inch of my naked body.

‘What’s the biggest, after Black Death?’ His hand still working his length, I watch on intently as he knocks my hand away from my cunt and proceeds to rub at it with his erection, propping himself over my body and slapping his dick against my pussy. I lift my hips up, trying to coerce him inside, but he draws back, my juices covering his cock, making it easier for him to rapidly work it, up and down. 

I cry out in utter frustration, my hand back between my legs and flicking at my clit, building up the fire. ‘..ummm..’ I can’t think straight, I try to gather my thoughts for an answer, but I just want Reve to fuck me, why won’t he fuck me?  ‘Green Blaze.’ I blurt as it suddenly comes to me.   

‘How big?’ He snarls. Why is he doing this? It’s sheer cruelty.

I can’t help but stare at his cock as he asks me this, smirking at his full delicious length. ‘Big enough...big enough..I don’t know..Oh gods..please!’

He laughs again, quickening his velocity. ‘I’m close, so very close, I want you to peak with me...make yourself come.’ He snarls in my face.

He pushes two fingers inside me and I cry out at full volume from his eventual touch, he pushes them in deeply, plunging them in and out of my hole while he strokes himself into a  fever.

He scrunches his face up and hollers as his seed comes jetting out and across my belly, the sight of which sends me over the edge, my fingers slapping against my clit, my whole body quivering in pleasure, I scream as my orgasm takes complete control. ‘Yes, oh fucking yes!’ I shriek. My back arches and my head bangs against the headboard. I can hear Reve laughing boisterously, his fingers still inside me, still fucking me.

I slump back as the last few drops of pleasure trickle away, breathing raggedly I stare up at the stained ceiling.  The Captain roughly withdraws his fingers and shifts himself to the edge of the bed. He stands and sways towards his discarded clothes, I find myself staring at his firm buttocks as he bends to drag on his trousers, I bite my bottom lip and smile at the pleasing sight. He turns around to look at me as he fastens up the cord, and grins brazenly. ‘You said that Leron’s knowledge is almost as great as your own?’ He’s fastening up the buttons on his cotton shirt now.

‘Yes.’ I murmur as I run my finger across the span of my stomach, my eyes glazing over.

‘Almost....almost  is not good enough.’ He snarls, strapping his weapons belt around his waist and reaching for his dropped baldric.

I jerk upright, suddenly worried by his assertion. ‘What do you mean?’

He remains silent as he fumbles around in his pocket and produces several bullion coins, placing them on the nightstand. ‘For your troubles.’ He says, leering at my naked form.  

I start to panic, convincing myself that he is going back on his word. ‘You will not find a better trapper in Vesale.’ I snap frantically, studying his unyielding face.

He nods slowly. ‘I know, and his position is vital. But knowledge is also a great weapon, and as you are aware, I want the best.’ He stares hard at me, and then turns to leave, swaying across the room and tugging open the door. ‘I will see you tomorrow.’ He rasps without looking back.

The door slams shut, and I slump back down on the bed. My head reeling with the possible indication of his words.      

No comments:

Post a Comment